Joint member meeting – Saturday 1st December 201826th November 2018
Joint member meeting – Saturday 23rd March 201916th March 2019
Shortly after the Infected Blood Inquiry Preliminary Hearings, SIBF and Haemophilia Scotland wrote to the Prime Minister.
In our letter we urged her to facilitate the Scottish Government
becoming a Core Participant in the Infected Blood Inquiry. We also
urged her to find an opportunity to demonstrate her personal commitment
to the Inquiry and to infected and affected people.
We have just received a reply which you can read in full here.
In her reply, the Prime Minister tells us she,
- acknowledges the “terrible human cost of this scandal.”
- is pleased that the Scottish Government successfully applied for Core Participant status.
- is grateful to the representatives who met with Jackie Doyle-Price MPs and David Lidington MP to discuss financial support.
- set up the Inquiry because “the victims of this tragedy who have endured so much pain and hardship deserve answers.”
- will continue to follow the work of the Inquiry.
- assures us that “all those infected and affected will be listened to.”